About SafeRock® Minerals
SafeRock® Minerals Ltd. is at the forefront of agricultural sustainability in its efforts to provide a natural solution to the global crisis of soil degradation.
Our resource, SafeRock® Minerals. has been certified for use in organic agriculture as a mineral soil conditioner. The minerals are 100 per cent recoverable with nothing added or taken away in the process. The rock is blasted and mechanically crushed to a powder, before being transported to Belfast dock for shipping.
The geological reports inform us that this unique blend of minerals originated from the ocean floor south of the Equator millions of years ago. The convergence of the Mid-Atlantic plates caused a shelf of sandstone perhaps some 600 metres thick to journey up from the ocean bed and be deposited on the continent we now know as North America and Greenland. The formation of Europe had a late arrival of land that came from this continent and now forms part of the British Isles, in particular Ireland and Scotland.
The Mineral Analysis carried out by SGS shows that our mineral resource holds a unique blend of minerals and nutrients which provide a natural solution to help mitigate the global crisis of soil degradation. It also contains many of the minerals and trace elements essential for healthy crops and livestock and helps to stimulate increased microbial and earthworm activity.
The results from the trials have shown that the SafeRock® Minerals. improved the nutrient efficiency of the soil, and improved the quality and quantity of produce. SafeRock® Minerals. has been fully tested and trialled having been used in a number of growing conditions, climates and soils across the world. Trials have also been carried out in a variety of settings from glasshouses to farmland. These trials have proven better plant growth, water infiltration and retention, increased yield, improved long term soil quality, and reduced loss of nutrients in soil.
The results from the trials have shown that the SafeRock® Minerals. improved the nutrient efficiency of the soil, and improved the quality and quantity of produce.
SafeRock® Minerals. has been fully tested and trialled having been used in a number of growing conditions, climates and soils across the world. Trials have also been carried out in a variety of settings from glasshouses to farmland. These trials have proven better plant growth, water infiltration and retention, increased yield, improved long term soil quality, and reduced loss of nutrients in soil.
SafeRock® Minerals (SRM) is a natural geological deposit which is mechanically crushed and processed without the use of chemicals. The only known reserves of this type of mineral are located at Pomeroy, Co. Tyrone in Northern Ireland.
Key Facts About SafeRock® Minerals
- Is a 100 percent natural geological sedimentary resource with no additives applied during processing
- Has an 8.83 pH level which increases the pH of acidic soils
- In addition to the macro-nutrients (P and K), SafeRock® Minerals also supplies a range of other micronutrients and trace elements (e.g. S, Ca, Mg, B, Si, Cl, Cu, Fe, Mn, Zn) essential for pasture, crops, plantations and vegetables
- Improves water retention and water and nutrient holding capacity of sandy and clay soils
- Is not water soluble which reduces nutrient losses through leaching
- Increases quality and quantity of cultivated crop yields
- Soil quality increases with repeat applications as micronutrients stimulate biota, biomass and organic matter content.
- Contains Silica (Si) which elevates the release of phosphates, and also increases plants natural abilities to defend against pests and disease
- No Nitrogen (N) but it can be added in organic or chemical forms if required
- SafeRock® Minerals is a complete organic fertiliser when used with farmyard manures and/or other organic certified forms of nitrogen
- Works in harmony with chemical fertilisers
- Rebalances the trace elements and minerals in depleted soils when used as a complimentary product in soil reclamation projects
- Contributes to 3 out of 4 “M’s” which we consider essential for soil fertility and crop health which are Minerals, Moisture, and Microbes (excluding Mulch)
- Feeds microbes and earthworms which breakdown the minerals and turn into protoplasm, which enhances the sugar levels in grasses, plants and crops
Benefits Of Using SafeRock® Minerals
- Reduces the need for chemical fertilisers in conventional farming practices
- Creates more vigorous growth in plants and crops
- Naturally remineralises all soils
- Self-medicates the soil with the correct nutrition
- Supplies a range of micronutrients and trace elements essential for healthy soils and plants
- Assists with replenishment of the microbial and earthworm population levels
- Enables the formation of macro and micro pores in the soil structure
- Increases soil water retention and aeration
- Unlocks phosphate reserves which increase the plants natural abilities to defend against pests and disease
- Provides an excellent balance of trace elements and minerals, reducing nutrient lock up; allowing crops the full range of nutrients necessary to maintain good health and vigorous growth
- Significant savings in weeding costs of up to 50% due to the explosion of soil microbiological activity which make plants more naturally resilient
- The % lodging in rice is much lower which translates into considerable savings in drying and processing costs
- Improves workability of heavy clay soils and improves water infiltration
Summary of SGS Report